Sunday Morning Services at St James Lower Darwen
- 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month at 10.00am are Holy Communion Services (Sunday School available for children)
- 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 10.00am are All Age Worship Services (these are family/child friendly)
Sunday Morning Service at Pop Up Church, Higher Croft
- Every Sunday at 11.30am in Higher Croft Library or in good weather the GroZone next door to the library.
- Relaxed and informal worship and teaching for all.
Evening Services at St James’ Lower Darwen
- Thursdays at 6pm: A quiet and reflective midweek Holy Communion Service
Services at St James’ Over Darwen
- Morning service every Sunday at 11.15am
- Breaking Bread… a Communion service on Wednesdays at 11.30am
Services at St Paul’s Hoddlesden
- Sunday Morning Service is at 10am at St Paul’s School
- Monday evenings, 7pm at The Reach
Meetings & groups
St James Church is very much a family church with a style of worship that is relevant for today, in which all generations can take part we. Our worship group keeps us updated with new worship songs. Hopefully everyone is made welcome and made to feel part of what God is doing here.
Friday night special
Friday Night Special meets fortnightly on Fridays during term time and is for the whole family. We start at 3.30pm with games, craft based activities and an interactive story for everyone. This is followed by a meal cooked by the great kitchen team. There is no charge for the meal but any donations are greatly appreciated!This event is open to all and is a great time of fellowship.
After school drop in
After School Drop in now runs on a weekly basis every Thursday during term time from 3.30pm – 5.00pm for young people in school years 6 -9. This is to forge links and help with the transition between primary and secondary school.
House groups meet once a fortnight on Wednesday evenings at 7.30pm at various locations around the parish. They usually last an hour or a little longer and follow a loose structure based around a Christian theme though they are not highly formalised and we can have group discussion on pretty much anything. The groups are open to all and participation is as much or as little as you like..
Women of Worth
Stay and Play
Our toddler group now meets every Friday in term time from 9.30am – 11am. It is open to all ages from babies to preschool age and the charge of £1.50 per family includes a drink and a snack as well as tea or coffee for parents. It’s a great social occasion for kids and parents alike! .
YOUNG AT HEART GROUP The Young at Heart Group is open to anyone 60+ and meets every few weeks for a relaxed meal and companionship. The meetings are announced here and on the notice sheets and usually take place of an afternoon in the church lounge – normally the second Thursday each month.
Coffee Morning at Hoddlesden
A coffee morning is held at 10.00am on Saturday mornings at the Carus Centre in Hoddlesden. It is not a formal service as such but more an occasion of fellowship. All are welcome.