Please note that the closing date for this position is December 1st 2018.
- To make Christ known to the residents of urban estates
- To make new disciples and support new congregations
- To place the Church at the centre of the community through effective engagement
- To be part of a team that pioneers new methods in discerning, forming and supporting lay leaders from and for urban parishes across the Diocese
- To train and support ordinands,
- To share lessons learned and good practice with the wider church
Within the Parishes of Over Darwen:
- Relating theology and the person and teaching of Jesus to modern life and communicating the good news to urban people in a real and authentic way.
- Working with the Leadership Team in devising plans and strategies for mission and growth across the Parishes and in particular leading the development and implementation of an Outer Estate Ministry action plan that places the Church at the centre of the community
- Making new disciples for Jesus Christ and working with clergy and lay leaders to grow congregations and regenerate Christian life across the parishes
- Developing relevant community-based programmes and activities which may include outreach work, youth ministry and evangelistic activities
- Working with the clergy team to build and maintain effective links to local schools
- Sharing in teaching and preaching and (where appropriate) worship leading
- Contributing to a close-knit and mutually supportive team and being part of the praying and worshipping life of the Churches
- Meeting targets set out by the Outer Estates Programme Board including the production of progress reports within pre-agreed timescales
- Required to reside in urban estates area to enable relationships to build and become accessible to residents.
- To hold meetings, groups and training sessions in the property that is provided, which is a location that is central to urban residents.
Within the Diocese
- Supporting and advising clergy from the 20% most deprived parishes in discerning lay vocations and potential lay leaders
- Forming and calling cohorts of potential lay leaders from around the Diocese
- Pioneering, developing and delivering a contextually appropriate lay leadership formation programme
- Training and supporting networks of volunteer mentors to assist in this
- Supporting participants in discerning future ministries after participation in the programme
- Supervising ordinands on long, short, full time and part time placements
- Maintaining records and statistics as agreed
- Attending to one’s personal growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Networking with others involved in estates evangelism and pioneering
- Engaging in continued personal professional development
Please see the link below to see more information about this role and to apply!